We would like to extend a warm welcome to you and your family. We are honored that you have entrusted the care of your child to our team. As a practice we will strive to provide your child with the absolute best and most up-to-date medical care possible.
Please verify that we accept your child’s health insurance prior to making an appointment by visiting our insurance page, or by calling our billing office at (804) 288-9190. Per the Affordable Care Act, a dependent can remain on their parents’ policy until age 26. If you are the mother or father of a baby and you are still a dependent on your own parents’ policy, please call the number on the back of your insurance card to determine if your baby may also be added to the plan.
Your First Visit
We ask that you arrive at least 15 minutes prior to your first appointment to complete paperwork and get checked in.
What to Bring to Your First Visit:
- Completed Patient Information sheet.
- Insurance cards for each child being seen.
- Records from your previous physician, if applicable.
- For Newborns: Please ask the hospital’s pediatric provider to fax discharge records to the office you’ll be visiting: (804) 673-6432 for West End and Short Pump or (804) 559-9227 for Mechanicsville. Note: Some hospitals may opt to provide you with hard copies of these records, but we can better serve you if we have these records ahead of time.
- For Older Children: It is ideal if we have a chance to obtain and review your child’s health records, especially vaccine records, prior to your visit. You may bring their records by our office or provide a signed Medical Release so that we may obtain the records by fax.
- Review our checkup and vaccination schedule and compare it with your child’s vaccine records to better anticipate any shots your child may need at your first visit.
- Please also read our Notice of Privacy Practice
- A thorough review of your child’s entire medical history. Providing P.A.R. with this information ahead of your initial visit is ideal.
- Review of any allergies (foods, medications, etc.) and/or medications (prescription, over the counter, herbals or supplements).
- If your first visit is a wellness checkup, your child will be given a head-to-toe examination by your provider.
- If your first visit is a sick visit, such as for an ear ache or sore throat, your provider may perform a more focused examination based on your child’s symptoms.
- Discussion and administration of any vaccinations that are not currently up to date.
- For more information on the types of visits available please review our services.