COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Initial Steps
The following risk-minimizing processes we are implementing effective today, March 12, 2020:
1) 1 patient, 1 parent. Whenever possible, we ask that only the patient and 1 parent/guardian come to the office for visits. We understand that due to child care availability and other extenuating circumstances, this may not always be feasible. But when possible, we believe this is a great way of minimizing potential or unnecessary exposures.
2) All books, magazines, toys and coloring materials removed from our waiting rooms. Please bring your own activities to keep your child occupied – electronic devices welcome, if need-be.
3) Check-Ups for sick children. At this time, we are not canceling any previously scheduled well child check-ups. However, if your child has any illness symptoms on the day of their check-up, please call us ahead of time so that we may appropriately triage.
4) Phone Triage. When calling in for a sick visit you need to disclose to us if you have reason to believe your child has or might have COVID-19 based on symptoms AND exposures:
- Recent travel (international, domestic, or cruises)
- Contact with someone who has, has been formally tested for, or is suspected of having COVID-19
5) Put It In Park. Any child who has risk factors for COVID-19 based on phone triage will NOT be seen in the office. Rather, we have set up a system for your child to be assessed by our clinical team while you and your child are parked in our side lot, near the water towers. Our clinical team will determine on a case-by-case basis who needs to be tested for COVID-19. Not everyone seen in our Put It In Park protocol will need COVID-19 testing. Until further notice, this protocol will take place at the Three Chopt office location only.
- NOTE: due to laboratory processing constraints, we are not able to provide testing after 3:30 pm on weekdays, nor during weekend hours.
Click here for our COVID-19 testing FAQs
Helpful COVID-19 Links: